Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Final Blog (or not)

This class has been great.  How many times have I written this at the end of a graduate course?  Not that many.  I appreciate the practical tools that Todd laid out in front of us to play with.  I have to admit that some have already come and gone from my short term memory, but just the opportunity to interact with some of these tools, plus the list of links on the class web site, will be useful.

I'm in a different position than my fellow students, working in the corporate side of education.  I'm surrounded by technology every day, but even so, that technology is pretty focused in a few limited areas.  I am looking forward to becoming more comfortable with a variety of collaborative teaching and learning tools.  My clients are extremely interested in how students and staff from schools all across the globe can benefit from real time, high definition video conferencing.  I will be testing out my first transoceanic video conference next week as I attempt to present my final project to the class using Eluminate from a laptop in my hotel room early Wednesday morning in Tokyo.  I look forward to "seeing" everyone next week.

Take care, be well and I will be hoping for the best for all of you as you move through this difficult budget season.

Cheers (or shall I say Kampai)!

2 comments:

  1. Glad this has been a good experience. Been fun to get to know you and I'm very excited about what you're doing in online and distance learning. Keep me posted--and let's stay connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with your praises of this class. It is the most practical and dynamic class I have taken in years. Your input has been so valuable in that you are involved on the cutting edge of technology as a delivery system for education. I hope there is a way for me to follow your work in the future as it is highly intriguing to me and I'd love to learn more about the potential of hybrid schools and how that could be used in other countries, how it could involve language learning, etc. Have a wonderful trip to Tokyo and a fabulous spring.

    Karina

    ReplyDelete